A Resource Center About God
Our plan is to build a library that gives glory to God in all ways possible. How will you experience God when you visit The Body of Christ Library? In addition to having access to an extensive collection of Christian works, you will have the opportunity to participate in and/or attend
- small group discussions on Christian topics and social issues
- Bible and book study groups (e.g. Bible versions, fiction and non-fiction material)
- Christian website reviews and recommendations,
- year-round reading programs for children and adults,
- film studies on Christian subjects and themes,
- art and music exhibits and performances that honor God, and
- speaking engagements of guests from Christian organizations.
Below is a sampling of activities to come.
Small Group Discussions
The Body of Christ Library is all about God. So, it goes to reason that our library's first-ever small group discussion, will begin with exploring God's character guided by the book, "The Good and Beautiful God: Falling in Love with the God Jesus Knows," by James Bryan Smith. You will have the opportunity to learn and discuss with others what the Gospel says about God. Following this class, we will read Smith's second book, "The Good and Beautiful Life: Putting on the Character of Christ." Bring a friend and discover God together!
Bible & Book Studies
Choices, choices. As the most widely read book in the world, we will examine the Bible and compare its best known versions and translations. Studying the Truth requires strengthening your biblical literacy and selecting a Bible that fits your particular needs. We will bring in biblical experts to help you make an informed decision. To give you a deeper appreciation for all the work that has gone into making the Bible, view this exhibit on Bibles before the year 1000.